Frequently Asked Questions
- What does the Martial Art School Nottingham offer?
- We offer a variety of martial arts classes such as Budo Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, Ju-Jutsu,
as well as Personal Training & Self-Defence Courses.
- Where are you based?
- We are located at the Bestwood Park Community Centre, Beckhampton Road, Nottingham NG5 5NE,
For more information, please click here: Find Us
- Which Martial Art would be best for me?
- That depends on what you are looking for e.g. do you wish to compete or are you looking for
a none-competitive option? Further, what else is of interest to you e.g. to learn Self-Defence,
keep Fit or maybe to explore a more traditional art? Why don't you give us a call on: 07766 643 407
and we have a chat about the different options.
- What is Budo Taijutsu - Ninjutsu?
- Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, also known as Ninjutsu composes of armed and unarmed
fighting methods and incorporates the teachings of nine different Ninja (Ninjutsu)
and Samurai (Ju-Jutsu) schools. For more information, please click here:
- What is Goshin Ryu Ju-Jutsu?
- Goshin Ryu Ju-Jutsu combines traditional as well as modern Jujutsu principles.
The style taught at the Martial Art School Nottingham also incorporates techniques from
various other martial arts such as Ninjutsu, Boxing and Escrima. For more information,
please click here: Ju-Jutsu
- How much do the Classes Cost?
- Your first two sessions are free of charge. When you are satisfied and like to join us,
you will be asked to pay a one off joining fee of £65, which includes the payment for your
first month of training, insurance, registration as well as the annual membership for the
relevant organisations. Thereafter, monthly fee will be £25 per month. For more information,
please click here: Prices
- Who are the Instructors?
- The Training is generally held by Sensei Ilja Hoffmann or another member of the
- What do I have to bring with me?
- All you need to start with are some casual clothes i.e. T-Shirt or Sweat Shirt,
Jogging Trousers & possibly a Bottle of Water.
- Do you offer Kids Classes?
- No, we do not offer any Kids Classes at present. Minimum Age for both Classes is 16.
- Do you offer Self-Defence Courses?
- Yes, we do - please click here:
- Anything Else?
- We are sure that there will be more questions along the line but it's said:
... every journey starts with the first step - so we hope
to seeing you soon.
Martial Art School - Nottingham
Phone: +44 (0)7766 643 407